Ritmo Shitmo 1000VA UPS - the Kamikazi of UPS's

Ritmo Shitmo Electronics - just fucking garbage.

Presenting the Ritmo Shitmo 1000VA UPS. It's a piece of junk.


So is most of their stuff actually - Hong Kong bottom dollar rebranded shit.

Their worthless service is just as un-fist worthy as well.

The story:

I live a huge distance from Ritmo in Australia, and so given that the motherboard of the UPS is actually FUCKED - in a way that is fairly self evident, I would have thought that sending them an email with a few pictures and a barcode etc., would have been enough to persuade them to simply post me out a replacement circuit board or a new UPS.

Given that they are sort of bottom dollar units.... well not the worst but not the really amazing high spec units either - just a functional UPS with Automatic Voltage Regulation and reasonable enough runtime when the power goes off....

Statistically, almost all the time I am running the computer - I am at it, or close by and so if the power goes off - I can shut it down fairly fast - within the capacity of the batteries run time. So a basic unit is just fine. 

So when the power went off and the UPS ran for a minute, and then cut out, before I could shut the system down, the next day I sent them an email asking for a new circuit board or a replacement unit.


"The power went off last night at 1am and the UPS gave about a minutes power, and thinking the battery was in need of replacement, I opened it and pulled the battery, but I found that the circuit board was defective.

The amount of solder placed on the tracks to carry the 12V from the battery was insufficient and it has gotten hot, melted, and some has flowed across other tracks, shorting them out - and the remains of the track carrying the 12V DC has overheated and blown the track in two and lifted that area off the circuit board.

This is bad.

Can you please send me a new board or UPS.


Name and address supplied."

The Ritmo UPS Circuit Board - they added LOADS of sodder over the tracks to handle the current - evidently they did a shitty job on a shitty design. The board sits upside down inside the box, and the sodder heated up, melted from a big area and then ran horizontally onto adjacent tracks - shorting out along the way and the original track burned up and blew out. It's a shit design.
The heating and "explosion" had blown the track and the fiberglass sheeting apart, and lifted it like a crust. You can see where the sunken area where the sodder melted away from.


No Response is The Response.


I would have thought that a reply of, "Yeah we will get a new UPS out in the post for you in the next day or so", would have been reasonable.....

But Nooooooooooooooooooooo.......

I have to start chasing them.

Ritmo in Australia trade under the name of Ritmo, but in the same building at the same address, they also trade as Satotech.

http://www.ritmotech.com.au/

http://satotech.com.au/


Ritmo 

57, Lexton Road, Box Hill North, Vic 3129
9899 6333
Sales Email: sales@ritmotech.com.au
Support Email: ctlim@ritmotech.com.au
Support Website :
http://www.ritmotech.com.au/support/


 Satotech

Tel: 03-9899 6333  Fax: 03-9899 0200
Sale Email: sales-melb@satotech.com.au
Website: http://www.satotech.com.au

57, Lexton Road, Box Hill North, Vic 3129



Their email address's bounce and so few phone calls later.........


Basically it's the standard "Go Fuck Yourself" answer.

"Give them the run around, refuse to provide any spares, service, a replacement, give them nothing, do nothing, provide nothing."

The "We no fix, we no fix.", routine - that usually comes with THE people who put kamikazi shitware on the market.


But this is the last straw - tired of the shit sellers of shit product, doing the "Take Money, Go Way, Never Come Back." sales strategy.

If they had of said, "Thanks for the email about our defective product - we will send you out a new one straight away, and if you can send the defective one back at out cost, we will test it and find the problem in the device and if necessary, we will change the design to eliminate the problem." - I would have been happy, because that is a responsible way to trade.

But a UPS's circuit board melting and exploding - potentially fucking the computer it's supposed to protect and or starting fires from the sparks - along with losing the UPS to an internal design fault - and they say,  "You buy, it break, too bad, go way."


I said, "Fuck this, I will kick them in the legal nuts another time, but in the meantime I want a UPS, for voltage stability and protection against data loss."

So I went with a cheapie Belikin - a basic functional unit.

 You get all of this with it:


BELKIN Line Interactive UPS - 600VA / 360W Tower UPS
Part Number: F6U600AU

The 600VA Line Interactive UPS provides up to 20 minutes battery backup time and if a power outage is detected, the included software will automatically shutdown your computer safely. Featuring Automatic Voltage Regulation and advanced surge protection ensures smooth consistent power to your connected equipment.

Belkin’s Connected Equipment Warranty will repair or replace any equipment damaged by a surge, spike, or lightning strike while properly connected to a Belkin Line Interactive UPS, up to $50,000. (I don't care - I always unplug the system when a storm is coming over AND I track the storm paths on the weather radar)

    Automatic Voltage Regulation: Ensures smooth consistent power to the connected equipment.
 
    3-Year Product Warranty: Belkin will replace, free of charge, any Belkin Line Interactive UPS that is defective or expires after protecting your electronic devices.

There is no limit to the number of times Belkin will replace the expired Line Interactive UPS during the warranty period.

3 battery backup with surge protection sockets and 1 surge protected only socket.

RJ11 surge protected port for telephone/modem.

Certified to all Australian and New Zealand safety standards.

Automatic power management shutdown software. Includes the ability to safely shutdown the attached computer and automatically save open files during power failure, scheduled shutdowns, diagnostic support, printable logs and history, visual metres & graphs

USB port for plug-and-play communication.






This is what you do not buy from Ritmo  
- Because the UPS's are a piece of shit and so is their customer service.


Ritmo 1000VA UPS Uninterruptible Power Supply.


The Kamikazi of Uninterruptable Power Supplies - it takes a dive and your computer is fried alive - and goes down with your burning house.

You get fuck all with it, including the companies non existent service. You have to chase them to get that. 

It costs extra - lots of your time.

Features:
 

*Shit design - blow up, fuck up computer, burn house down.

*No spares, repairs
, support or warranty.


 *And when it blows up, and you call us - we say, "Awwww - Too bad - Go way."

(Fukin big nose, lound eyes, Ozzi Fuck) 





The Whirlpool Forums are FILLED with outstanding comments about their products, and how they grossly inflate the outputs of their computer power supply units (PSU's) by a factor of 3...

They call their Uninterruptable Power Supplies Unit 1000 and 1200 etc., and they have NO relation to the wattage output, and they make extravagant claims out the run times of the units...... 

Yes when the lights go out, your PC can run for another 30 - 50 minutes with a 12V 9 amp hour battery. Fucking pigs arse it will.

Everything to do with Ritmo products and the people who run this company is fucking bullshit.

Read on:


anyone heard of this - ritmo mp-8860 
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1135005

*The fact that its Ritmo is probably good enough reason to stay away from it.

*Ritmo = ripoff. Stay well away from this brand. Very unrealiable and poorly built using cheap components.

 
Buying ritmo card reader from msy
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1537189

*All the generic brands that MSY use are crap. eg Ritmo, A-Power, SHAW...etc.

*Ritmo is total junk. The last Ritmo Card reader we got at work need a stanley knife operation to remove a bit of plastic that wasn't moulded properly and as such you couldnt even mount a CF card in it
Ive got a cheap "Zap" brand from Big W that craps all over the Ritmos and it was just $15



Ahhhh the Ritmo UPS power supplies


UPS Ritmo UPS recommendation
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1022806

*Ritmo=Worse than Generic=Very bad.

*Transfer time : Typical:5ms (Including detection time)
This line worries me, 5ms is too long for my liking.
This 1000va unit has the same battery as my APC 700va unit
and the claimed 30 to 50 minutes is a large joke.

*smoothcoffee writes...
you replace the batteries – does it work better?
what is the point and no, the circuit boards are shit.
ssj writes...
can I ask why people are saying Ritmo is crap?
Because you are better off without one.



 Ritmo USB hub, does yours work?
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=703080

*Hey guys,
About a year ago i purchased a 7 port powered Ritmo hub, never managed to get it working properly. Anyway my mate recently purchased the same model last night and is having the same problems.
So has anyone out there purchased the 7 port USB powered Ritmo hub from MSY and had it work?

*Given up on Ritmo, though I only live about a block to the local wholesale supplier. Feel sorry for him as he seems genuine but am beginning to suspect that the product he is selling with minimal documentation is at least faulty 50% of the time.  --------

----- I didn't know it was a Ritmo brand till after I had paid for it at Umart and went to collect it. If I'd known would not have bought it.

*I realize this is an old thread but I thought I might add to the chorus of disapproval. I installed the same Ritmo USB 2.0 card and it didn't work for me either.


which USB/eSATA dock for 1.5TB HDD

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1366556

*Ritmo branded devices (particular external enclosures/docks) tend to be nasty things, i've had 3 die on me over last couple of years


Ritmo Firewire PCI Card - thumbs down
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1367340

*Gday guys

Before I go ahead, yes I realise people on here recommended not wasting money on buying a Ritmo firewire PCI card, but the lure of $9 price tag and only needing use of it for one big transfer job, could not be resisted. Anyway, booted up, plugged in the firewire cable from my Vantec docking station, into the PCI card.

Off goes the power, then comes the smoky smell. The Ritmo card had shorted.

Long story cut short, I'm sure plenty of others have not experienced any problem with these Ritmo Firewire PCI's, but mine just happened to short first go. I checked everything else and there was no problem anywhere else.
Maybe I'll give them a miss next time.
Cheers,
Mark


Ritmo crap
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1337461

*Hi,
is it just me that has had a 100% failure rate with Ritmo stuff from MSY?

Have had a usb hub that wasn't recognisable by any computer connected to it, a card reader that wouldn't read cards, and now a Sata external drive box that won't work.

The first drive box, died after 2 months and was replaced under warranty, today that replacement box died.

MSY replaced it with another Ritmo model, because they didn't have the same as the original. Now after a half an hours use the power supply on this new box has failed (checked it with dmm.)

So that is 3 out of three external drive cases that have failed....MSY won't replace it with a different brand ....Can't be bothered driving back there again – costing me more in travel than it's worth. Just a warning to others to think carefully before buying anything of that brand...
Gary


*'Tis generic. What do you expect.
Solutions:
1) RMA
2) Don't buy Ritmo ever again
3) Buy something more reputable


computer power issue
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1897401

*templargfx writes...
ritmo force 860 gaming PSU

Found your problem!
Chances are your PSU is dead, ritmo's quality is questionable at best.


Ritmo Force 1200 (another Ritmo UPS thread)
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1986842

*eshtorious writes...
so you reckon it will be a good choice as a low budget psu? becuase i found a cheap deal for 60

Oh, you haven't bought it then? Thought you already had it.
Then hell, no.
For $60 get an Antec VP550P 550W Power Supply. More than enough for your proposed machine. And infinitely better quality.


*eshtorious writes...
.
so you reckon it will be a good choice as a low budget psu? becuase i found a cheap deal for 60

Hell no.
Get the Antec VP550w for $65 much much much better PSU and is actually reliable unlike the ritmo peice of junk. Like was suggested above.


*eshtorious writes...
is Ritmo Force 1200 watt

The name is "Ritmo Force 1200", don't add "watt" afterwards because it makes it look like it has 1200 watts, which it definitely doesn't have. It might have one quarter of that. "1200" is not its power, it's just part of its name.
is Ritmo Force 1200 watt a trustable psu
Hell no. It's also known as Shaw Viper 1200. It's in a state of continuously catching fire but has three fans that are continuously extinguishing it.
Don't get that unit anywhere close to any PC.



Ritmo Power supplies
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1299314

*Has anyone used or heard anything about Ritmo power supplies. They have recently released a range of "gaming" poer supplies.
http://ritmotech.com.au/satotech/index.php?cPath=21_65

*Personally I say it POS PSU. (POS = piece of shit)
Ritmo stuff are mostly cheapy stuff that seem work for a short period of time.


Do a site search and the general consensus is that Ritmo products, warranty and customer service are just shit - the reason being is because they are.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum/?action=threads_search&q=ritmo&f=&fg=-1























































































Actually this gets worse the more that I look at it.

This is how Ritmo bullshit the value of their Power Supply Units - and you are paying them to lie to you about their shit low spec - way over rated power supply unit for YOUR computer?

No fucking way!

http://apcmag.com/forum.htm?g=posts&t=1524

Ok well it is available for around 80 dollars from the distributor here in australia. I have one of these Ritmo Force 1500 and it is only rated 1500w using 2.3volts. If you average the amperage out over all the voltage rails it is actually only a 650w power suppy. It only has 1 12 volt rail at 29 Amps. It runs my quad core phenom 2 and a ati 4870 graphics card fine. However I only purchased this as a temporary quick fix as my old supply died. I agree with the other comments. Go buy a thermaltake, corsair ,coolermaster or any other brand supply from Scorptech or Centrecom.


http://pc.mmgn.com/Forums/PC-Hardware/Help-Me-with-my-New-Build

Stuu10
Its a Ritmo Force 1200, I was told by the Man at the Computer store, where I bought my parts that the power supply would be more than sufficient.

Ren-dog
Well the guy at the store is a !$#^&^%&^*()^&%#*(^&$#%^&
Ritmo are a well known brand.... for a bad reason, they BLOW UP! they are like Shaw.
Buy a new one and a real one.
Antec, Corsair, Seasonic, etc.


Skarteh
    Ren-dog said: Well the guy at the store is a !$#^&^%&^*()^&%#*(^&$#%^&
    Ritmo are a well known brand.... for a bad reason, they BLOW UP! they are like Shaw.
Case closed, shed that shit dude :P if that is true thats most likely the problem. How much was the PSU? A good 1000w+ should be near to $300 or more.
EDIT: Wait a minute [Rage] Ritmo was the brand of that ****ing External IDE case I got from MSY years ago that NEVER worked properly and the power pack on it sparked and if you so much as BREATHED near it, it would turn off or on.
That thing was a piece of CRAP! And I paid $45 for it [Facepalm]


Doyl
1200w psu for $55??
I would say there is the weakest link in your system.


http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=884423

      Overclockers Australia Forums > Specific Hardware Topics > Networking, Telephony & Internet

ritmo filter = line killers

*Ritmo anything = shit
Avoid Ritmo like the plagu


*Couldn't agree more. I remember buying a Ritmo Cordless rechargeable mouse and it was faulty out of the box. Retailer refused to give me a refund. So I just had to throw it in the bin and make a loss. Lesson learned. Never buy anything Ritmo again.

*Yeah, Ritmo=Shit-mo, same with A Power, all generic MSY crap.

*Ritmo PSU = PC killers as well

*actually, I will take that back - on further reflection it may be legal to sell them, just not to connect them.
mind you, A-tick or not is neither here nor there as to the quality of the product. Ritmo are right up on my list of "crap I won't waste money on" products along with Audioline phones, D-link modems, TPG, Kia vehicles etc.


http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=879787

*Guys, I have about half a dozen (give or take one or two, probably close to 7) of the Ritmo 3.5" external enclosures from MSY. Every 3 months or so (this timeframe varies), the powerpack on one will either stop working, or the insides themself.
One of my hard drives have been killed through undersupply of power to the drive. A second one came awfully close (the head got stuck, you could hear it clicking, but I popped in the computer for a few days and it's fine now).
Last thing that happened is I took two enclosures back to the store (which is an hour away from me, so 2+ hours travel time). A month later, I go to pick them up and when I get home, I find to my dismay neither of them work. I email MSY, they tell me to come and they'll test them. My bet is they'll have no recollection of the email and give me the "bad luck, out of warranty" spiel, which is true, they are out of warranty because they took so long to come back my warranty expired by the time I got them.
My issues is, I basically have 7 of these cases which are absolute pure garbage, I'd say all of them are likely out of warranty (maybe one is still in) and yet another power pack has kicked the bucket. Is there anything, legally, I can do? I just want my money back for all of this RITMO *contains himself* CRAP that is completely and utterly useless. I don't want to take the powerpacks back to the store over and over again, because I have to go back within 6 months or so because the replacement dies like the original!
Is there anyone I can write to? Any way I can get my money back, or, preferably, get a WORKING PRODUCT? MSY don't give two shits, what are my options or am I screwed?

*Ritmo
In "the industry" Ritmo have a different name. "Shaw."
The reason for that name, is that over the warranty period, pretty much all Ritmo products have at least a 100% failure rate, or worse.

*~~~I will never, ever touch anything RITMO ever again. I go out of my way to warn people of it. I doubt I'm going to go back to MSY anymore. So what if it cost me few bucks somewhere else, at least the employees won't treat me like crap.

*Never touch Ritmo. You will end up loosing more than what you paid for. For ex. a corrupt HDD and lost precious data.




A diversion - have a read of this link and then follow this:

http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=833605

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/page/power




http://www.overclockers.com.au/wiki/Power_Supply_Unit

Some Not Recommended Power Supply Makers

Some of these may not seem dodgy and some may be because of numerous "bad" reports, but these power supplies are almost definitely of questionable quality or have low specifications (and/or have far inflated wattage ratings / rail current ratings of what the power supply can actually do under normal conditions). Just because you can get away with one of these power supplies does not mean the next guy will, or the guy after that, whatever.

(Guess who does all the shitty phoney ratings with their shitty "kill your computer" power supplies - and who made the OVERCLOCKERS list of NOT RECOMMENDED power supplies?)


*Ritmo

Comments

  1. I am really interested in buying my own battery backup since it is useful during power interruptions. Reading reviews about UPS has been very useful to me because I can determine its specifications. You may also arunca o privire aici for different choices of UPS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent review, including ALL illustrations. Well worth noting the prompt actions of this company.

    If you'd want to pursue this, a couple of 'legal' letters quoting Australian Consumers laws may do the trick, followed by a law suit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lenovo and IBM - the Great Motherboard Replacement Scam

Das Keyboard - ARE junk. Here's why.

Rat Face got the Dislike button.