Fuck Ebay


Dealing with the retards running Ebay


I have had a hate hate relationship with the people running Ebay and the bullshit corporate scams and customer service for as long as I can remember.

Most of the sellers have been really good...

I didn't name the fuck who "served me" (up a whole heap of crap) in the chat, as I figure companies run by arseholes, deserve all the shitty staff they can get - it helps to put them out of business sooner.

But this is why I hate dealing with stupid people, stupid people in foreign call centres and idiot cash grabbing management, who couldn't organise a fist fuck in a room full of rubber dolls...

The story is I go click - buy it now, and up comes this message:

"Your request can t be processed at this time. Error code: 70204"

And since this has been going on for a few days, I decide to struggle through all the "making it as possibly hard as they can to contact a real person" menus - until I get a terminally ignorant, untrained, retard on a computer terminal in the philipines...

My favourite.....

And away we go:


Chat

Irate: (Me)
I go to Buy now and it won't work and up comes this error message: Your request can t be processed at this time. Error code: 70204 It s now happening for all items.

Retard:
Welcome to eBay Australia Live Chat Support. My name is Retard. May I have your full name please?

Retard:
Are we connected ?

Irate: (Me)
why?

Irate: (Me)
What is wrong with your system?

Retard:
I apologize I didn't got you.

Retard:
May I have your full name please?

Irate: (Me)
What have you done to make it stop working?

Irate: (Me)
Why is the buy it now function, not working?

Irate: (Me)
And when are you going to fix it?

Irate: (Me)
It's been broken for about 3 or four days now..

Retard:
If I get you correctly then you are unable to make the purchase the item 111798040568, right?

Irate: (Me)
why are you asking me to repeat myself - for the 6th time?

Retard:
Since you are facing this issue so, I request you to please clear all the cache and cookies. Once you clear the cache and cookies please try and login to the account with a new browser.

Irate: (Me)
This is not the solution.

Retard:
Please try it.

Retard:
At times due to the cache and cookies and the error occurs.

Irate: (Me)
What is "Error Code 70204"?

Irate: (Me)
copy and paste the answer from the manual for me.

Retard:
70204 occurs if your computer has become infected with a SubSeven Trojan virus, Runtime Error 70204 is resulted through a number of problems like incomplete installation or uninstalling of a program, virus attacks and confliction within the applications.

Retard:
Specific to the sellers listings and to their buy it now option.

Irate: (Me)
I run Linux - there is no infection with SubSeven

Irate: (Me)
copy and paste the answer from the manual for me.

Retard:
Please clear the cache and cookies and then add the item to the cart and then try and make the payment

Irate: (Me)
copy and paste the answer from the manual for me.

Retard:
There is no manual with us, please follow the steps so that I can assist you.

Irate: (Me)
So your making up answers for error codes?

Retard:
I am not making answers I am providing you the details that we have.

Irate: (Me)
Email me the details, all of them.

Irate: (Me)
If your saying one thing, and then telling me there is no list of error codes for the errors - then you ARE making up stories.

Retard:
Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Irate: (Me)
copy and paste the answer from the manual for me.

Retard:
I apologize we are not authorized for it.

Retard:
I will request you to please contact the eBay Helpline number at 1-800-322-928. Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM, Saturday-Sunday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (AEST/AEDT)

Irate: (Me)
So you ARE just fucking lying.

Retard: is typing ...
A record of this chat session will be sent to your email address

Retard:
Please use professional language.

Irate: (Me)
A PHILIPINO BULLSHIT Artist.

Retard:
Thank you for contacting eBay. Good night!!


So I actually DID clear the cache and the cookies, even though I KNEW it would not work......

And then I tried again:

Click on Buy it now:

Your request can't be processed at this time.
Error code: 70204

Click on Add to Cart:

The item you've selected wasn't added to your cart.
This seller won't sell to buyers who doesn't meet their requirements.

Click on Contact Seller:

We're sorry we couldn't find an answer for you. Unfortunately, this seller is not able to respond to your question. We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I actually messaged the Ebay customer support team:


Enter your question / concern
 
Your site is fucked. I go to make purchases.

Your request can't be processed at this time. Error code: 70204 It s now happening for all items.

Told to:

I request you to please clear all the cache and cookies. Once you clear the cache and cookies please try and login to the account with a new browser.

I did that, and now I get these messages:

Your request can't be processed at this time.
Error code: 70204


The item you've selected wasn't added to your cart.
This seller won't sell to buyers who doesn't meet their requirements.


We're sorry we couldn't find an answer for you. Unfortunately, this seller is not able to respond to your question. We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing.

Fix it or I am moving on...



The Reply:


Thanks for your email about the error you've encountered. I understand that this could be possibly frustrating to your part.

I'm happy to help you resolve this, but I need a little more information first. Please reply to this email to let us know:

- The item number(s) of the item(s) in question
- What you were doing on eBay when you ran into this problem (which page you were on, and which button or link you clicked)
- The error message you got
- Any other information you think might help us resolve this


We look forward to hearing back from you so we can look into this.

Etc.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I sent them this link:

http://suker-punch.blogspot.com.au/2016/01/fuck-ebay.html


The Response

Thanks for getting back to us.

I understand you are frustrated about getting these error messages when trying to purchase an item. Allow me to help and explain things to you on how we can proceed with this concern. I've looked into this and determined that the reason why you can't purchase an item is because your seller has set up a buyer requirement. By setting up a buyer requirement, sellers can filter their buyers and choose buyers they think are good enough to fulfil the responsibilities of a buyer. With this option, sellers can stop members from bidding on or buying their items based on certain criteria. They can block buyers who:

    Haven't gone through phone verification, or equivalent
    Have unpaid items recorded on their account
    Have a primary postage address in countries you don't post to
    Have reportedly violated eBay policies
    Have a negative Feedback score
    Are currently winning or have bought "1-100" of your items in the last 10 days (you can specify the number)

In this case, I would advise that you contact the seller and ask for a buyer exemption. eBay on the other hand  has a wide range if items to choose from. You can look for the same item that is sold by a different seller. You can narrow down your searches by using the "Advanced" search link beside the "Search" button.

To know more about using the Advanced search, click the link:
http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/search/advanced-search.html

Thank you again for your expressing your concern to us. I wish you the best with your buying and selling on eBay.

Thank you for choosing eBay. Have a nice day!

Warm regards,

What I said in reply:

All I can say to this, is that while your overall answer is good, the net effect is that I am not paying for wasting my time, or obstructions to purchases.

Good luck with this.

I am putting a higher priority on shopping else where.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lenovo and IBM - the Great Motherboard Replacement Scam

Das Keyboard - ARE junk. Here's why.

Rat Face got the Dislike button.